It is a given that recording a video is pretty easy. But until just about a few decades ago, video production had never been as easy as swiping your smartphone to start recording. If you want to record a video, it needs to be in a recording studio and it is costly, but by today’s technological standards, you can start producing your own videos whenever and wherever you are with your devices for free!
Video production is the process of crafting a video from moving images and using these shots to make a continuous video. While on production, videos are edited or re-arranged to achieve a desired sequence of scenes which can tell a story or deliver a message to an audience. Before videos were recorded through CDS and video tapes but at the moment, videos are stored through digital formats.
If you have been scratching your head for a while now as you think of a new and creative way to make your videos more appealing to potential customers, here are a few suggestions that might help get your creativity flowing again.
Look away from your computer.
Most often than not, our creativity is hindered when we do or see the same things over and over again. Spending some time outside, doing something new and fun or even just enjoying a car ride on your own can spark up new ideas in your head.
Write your ideas with a pen and paper.
While some of us would rather use our phones, do it anyway. If you any new idea coming in mind, even though it may seem funny or impossible, make sure that you have jot it down in your paper. These ideas may be combined with some of your other ideas which you could use later on.
Learn from others.
Observing others and reading books are great ways to stimulate your mind to find new ideas. Do not be afraid to explore things and new methods, nor never place yourself in the box. Lemonlight Media, a video production company, advises that beginners should take courses, even if it is a hobby a simple video production class can take you to the next level.
Creativity springs from a mind that acknowledges that there are plenty of things that can inspire us. It is not innate in most of us, but it is something that can be cultivated in each and every one of us.
If you are targeting a specific audience, you need to understand that video production in marketing is not all created equal. Each video format serves a specific goal.
- Web videos. These are videos you see on a business website. It may be the CEO introducing the company or someone who is explaining the nature of the business and the products and services they offer.
- Training videos. Training videos are great for online courses. A good number of coaching professionals use this type of video to teach their customer something they want to know.
- Corporate videos. Corporate videos are those that talk about business, entrepreneurship, finances, etc.
- TV Commercials. These videos promote a product or services a company may have.
- Music videos. These types of videos are usually made for bands and singers when they are trying to promote their music.
- Promo videos. Promo video encourages people to participate in a cause or informs the clients of a discount or raffle promotions that a company may be having.
Producing videos is a fun and interesting hobby. It could turn into a lucrative side job, or it could become a gateway to creating your own video blog, or it could simply be a way to let your creative spirit roam around. The possibilites are endless when it comes to video production.